BÜHLMANN Laboratory AG (BL), based in Basel Switzerland, has been discovering, developing & manufacturing innovative chemistry and immunological in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) and research use only (RUO) assays for almost 50 years (circa 1976).
As the United States commercial affiliate of BL, BUHLMANN Diagnostics Corp (BDC), based in Amherst, NH is committed to providing exceptional sales, support, and technical services to our clinical, discovery and basic science research laboratory customers.
Current BDC, Job Description Title: Technical Support Manager (TSM)
– The primary function of Technical Support Manager (TSM) is to provide technical support to our customers throughout North America, to whom we sell in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) and research use only (RUO) assays. The TSM will work closely with the BDC commercial team in the U.S. and with the BL Technical Support manufacturing team in Switzerland.
– This position is also responsible for the BDC Quality Management System and to support customer service and logistics.
This person must have strong clinical lab experience and serve as an escalation point for customer complaints and inquiries. Ability to listen to customers, empathize with their needs and provide exemplary service in support of the business is mandatory.
Mission / Activities:
– Receive and/or manage all customer technical inquiries and complaints, to ensure high customer satisfaction. Manage product returns when necessary. Responsible for documentation of complaint management according to appropriate BDC SOP. Act as liaison with Swiss manufacturing (BL) technical support group. The ability to understand & communicate assay dynamics and to empathize with the laboratory environment is essential. Potential to travel to sites and assist in implementing assays and instrumentation.
– Maintain BDC’s Quality System. Keep all relevant SOP’s up to date, modify when operational tasks dictate. Calling/chairing quarterly Quality Management Meetings. Setting Quality objectives annually. Ensure all SOPs are being followed by managing and participating in BDC annual internal audits.
– Customer inquiries of a technical nature are this position’s responsibility to manage. Potential for assisting in Sales if opportunity presents and ability to be on site of a customer if warranted. Customer service and ordering information will be coordinated with and the responsibility of the Logistics Manager.
– As BDC is a small team with many tasks relating to the support and development of current and new BDC products and customers, there will be many opportunities to contribute to the success of the company, including but not limited to: learning about new biomarkers, studying the diagnostic industry processes, working with strategy and tactics, coordinating meetings, preparing documentation, tracking progress, and assisting in supporting resource allocation.
– Bachelor’s Degree in technical field (such as laboratory sciences, biology, chemistry, physics, engineering etc) field required. Significant professional experience in the clinical or scientific laboratory and/or the diagnostics field is required. Medical Laboratory Scientist/ Medical Technologist (ASCP) Certification of great benefit and preferred.
– Must be a strong listener and efficient communicator over the telephone, via email and in person. Willingness and ability to work independently as well as support the entire team in the office.
– Previous position with customer contact (support, service, or sales) is beneficial but not required. Must be Fluent in standard Microsoft Office software; knowledge of Quick Books and/or CRM (sales force) a plus.
– Organized and self-motivated individual, with ability to work and communicate well with a small local staff, customers throughout North America and affiliates in Europe.
– Reports to: CEO BUHLMANN Diagnostics Corporation-
BUHLMANN is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in working with a small but growing team & diagnostic company, constantly learning, and being challenged, on a daily basis, please contact sales[at]buhlmannlabs.com to submit your resume or CV.
No other hiring opportunities at the moment.
If you are interested in working with a small but growing team, constantly learning and being challenged, on a daily basis, please contact email@example.com to submit your resume or CV for future positions.