BUHLMANN Diagnostic Corp, offers the broadest fecal calprotectin (fCAL) product range in the industry. These include FDA cleared calprotectin turbidimetric assay (fCAL® turbo k190784), pancreatic elastase turbidimetric assay (fPELA® turbo, Exempt) and a complimentary FDA cleared fecal extraction device (CALEX Cap®, k191718) which can easily extract both biomarkers and can be automated on most clinical chemistry analyzers and track systems.
ASCP 2022 Annual Meeting (100th Anniversary)
Sept 7-8, 2022
Hyatt Regency, Chicago, IL
Visit our booth to get an update on our Calprotectin, Pancreatic Elastase & CALEX Cap® automated assays, or learn more about evolving in-vitro allergy testing, in a vial.
The BÜHLMANN fCAL® turbo
The BÜHLMANN fCAL® turbo is an in vitro diagnostic assay intended for the quantitative measurement of fecal calprotectin, a neutrophilic protein that is a marker of intestinal mucosal inflammation, in human stool. This FDA 510k cleared, non-invasive, sensitive and specific assay is unique in speed, quality, and flexibility. This offers accurate results and reliable information to aid clinicians in selecting patients for further diagnostic procedures.
Because Accuracy is What Matters
- Robust: accurate, precise & efficient assay to instill confidence
- Validated: in use worldwide providing over 1 million reliable patient results a year
- Published: highly referenced, >100 peer reviewed scientific articles
The BÜHLMANN fPELA® turbo
The BÜHLMANN fPELA® turbo is a test for the quantitative determination of pancreatic elastase in human fecal extracts and is intended to be run on clinical chemistry analyzers. Fecal pancreatic elastase is a well-established biomarker to detect exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in patients suffering from conditions such as chronic pancreatitis and cystic fibrosis. The concentration of pancreatic elastase levels in feces reflects the level of pancreatic output and correlates with the output of other pancreatic enzymes such as lipase, amylase, and trypsin.
This assay is a non-invasive, sensitive and specific assay that is unique in speed, quality, and flexibility. This offers accurate results and reliable information to aid clinicians in selecting patients for further diagnostic procedures.
- Speed: fast pancreatic test, time-to-first-result within 10 minutes
- Quality: high correlation to the manual gold standard reference method, specific to human enzymatic isoforms, and uses highly precise and reproducible PETIA technology
- Flexibility: can be applied on most open chemistry platforms (in the same fecal extract used for calprotectin testing) streamlining your workflow using random access automation
Vice President, Business Development
Technical Sales Specialist